How the heck did you land here? :)

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Interaction with a new boss!!

My personal session with our new Biz Unit head:

Boss: Hi Jimmy, how are you?
*with a smile*
Me
: Great!! *the First Lie*
Boss: What did you do this morning?
Me: Brushed my teeth, took a shower, had my breakfast, came to office.
Boss: And what was the first thing you did in the office?
Me: I checked my mails, opened the documents I was working on yesterday...*This wasn't a Lie!!*
Boss: So tell me, how can I make things better for you?

Me: Well, I'm happy here. My mentor has been really been helpful. The teammates are co-operative...blah blah blah...Again! ALL LIES!!
Boss: Anything in particular you are annoyed about or any person in particular?
Me: No, I share a good rapport with everyone in the team. No person in particular. *Actually the previous person he interacted with had bitched a lot about my mentor...heh heh-office politics again!!*
Boss: How can I help you and make things better for you?
Now, I felt this question was genuine...
Me: Well, I'm currently ahead of schedule and the review comments have been good *I just had to add this word!*. I was wondering if it will be possible to grant me leave during the X-mas season...not more than 7 days...
Heh heh...saw him pick up his pen and make a note!!

Boss: Well, Jimmy it has been nice talking to you, I want to keep these interactions with the team on a fortnightly basis..blah blah blah...
I just left the room with a hand in my pocket and grinning about the lies I just spoke!!

Colleague: Kya Hua? (What happened?)
Me: Nothing much, and I narrated the interaction.
Colleague: Ya ya...the same silly things!

We had a hearty laugh and got back to work!!
Why do companies keep these silly interactions when nothing really comes out of it? Just let me do my work folks, that's what you hired me for!!

6 comments:

illusions said...

Beats me! Maybe you will go home for Christmas

NoHiddenDepths said...

Yup!!...Leave sanctioned
This time for a full seven days!!
:o)

Mizohican said...

Pretty bold post, bro. New found respect for you.
Nice post J. Keep them coming... and i totally understand your frustration. Was fun talking to you for 1 hour 21 minutes in the middle of the night and listening to your entire life n love story. LoLzzzzz!!! but its ok, my lips are sealed. I wont utter a word at zoram.com he he he he.... :)))

NoHiddenDepths said...

:D :D :D :D :D

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Farmers insurance phoenix service center Doctors prescriptions to quit weed Cheap term life insurance 20 Shooting klonopin tablets Nh business life insurance small Women in black leather jackets life insurance surrey Patents on glucosamine sulfate England insurance mortgage leads peugeot 106 xn Pa child health insurance program Softside waterbed satin sheets

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info webmaster affiliate program Get fast cash into your bank account tommorw Black jack slot machine grande ocean marriott timeshare resale Refinance calculator in the united kingdom Dangers of taking diet pill and antidepressants Dunbar west virginia rental cars Popup with blocker bomex body kits Nissan 84 200 sx Buy imitrex injections from foreign pharmacies