How the heck did you land here? :)

Monday, January 08, 2007

Black is a song that pretty much sums up my state of mind these days. Copying and pasting the lyrics as is from the Net. If only singers could write and emote songs as well as Eddie Vedder does. I love the part where he says, "We belong together" and the last stanza is what hits me the most.
PS from a fan: "Eddie had written the song for his girlfriend :)"



Sheets of empty canvas, untouched sheets of clay
Were laid spread out before me as her body once did.
All five horizons revolved around her soul
As the earth to the sun
Now the air I tasted and breathed has taken a turn


Ooh, I know she gave me all that she wore
And now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds
Of what was everything.
Oh, the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

I take a walk outside
I'm surrounded by some kids at play
I can feel their laughter, so why do I sear?
Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head
I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning
How quick the sun can drop away

And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Of what was everything?
All the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything...

All the love gone bad turned my world to black
Tattooed all I see, all that I am, all I'll be... yeah...
Uh huh... uh huh... ooh...

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, but why
Why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine


5 comments:

Calliopia said...

There there Jigme, don't take it so badly...there's lots of other fishes in the sea. Just cast out your net and hey presto, you reel 'em in like a pro :P

NoHiddenDepths said...

Calliopia, don't want no other fish
:(

illusions said...

Why Black and not white...also what's up with you...been dumped or doing the dump[ing

NoHiddenDepths said...

illusions, the first week of this year hasn't been so "great"!

Calliopia said...

Jigs, a fish is a fish is a fish. In the end they all look and taste the same, trust me :P