How the heck did you land here? :)

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Keep Walking

Yes, I'm in Chennai - nanz's city...
For the first time in my professional career, I'm making this MOVE because of someone I have given my heart to...

Consider this:
"There are plenty of jobs in Bang'ore, hyd, NCR - Delhi, why chennai?"
"Well, my partner *dot dot dot*... she's working with ABC airlines, so.......that's why...."
It was more of a discussion than an interview...

so here I am...

I'll miss Chandigarh for reasons that I only know....Illusions stopping over with Amit and uttering that "you are living LARGE". Now LARGE and BIG might sound complimentary. But then, as tinkertoon put it, "its all relative" ....

Illusions, nanz, mojo, I'm missing you...I miss working with you!

So, here are the highlights of my first day in City Chennai...sounds abrupt, but then:-
  • Silently prayed when the flight landed
  • "Reported" to her
  • Called up Dad
  • Sent an SMS to Captain (he won't like me saying that I miss him etc, but I WAS missing him :)
  • "Reported" to her (again),
  • Reach this place called nanganallur (where I've been sneakily...visiting her since last September), went online, commented a thing or two,
  • Called up KK (Hyderabad), Aashish(bangalore), AABDI(Chandigarh, one African guy I TRUST), TLUANGA (my friend and brotha),
  • Finally CAPTAIN (who didn't find it necessary).
  • Oh, Nepal "naresh" also called up from Kathmandu (Well, he's finally going for that DJ'ngineering course in Copenhagen :)
Oh btw, this is how I look these days :D

13 comments:

Calliopia said...

Jigme, first things first, congratulations for finally remembering that you have a blog and taking the pains to make a long,long overdue update :D
Secondly, congratulations on the move. As pissed as I am over the fact that you're the most secretive b*****d alive, I'm really happy for you. Do you even realise how lucky you are to be able to just uproot yourself to some completely different place? I can't, for one ... too many roots keep me down, my sister being one major factor, and tons of other responsibilities. But you, you have nothing to keep you down. You're a free bird and I envy you that. And I want you to make sure you count your blessings.
Hope Chennai is good to you, and hope the lady's worth it, fingers crossed ;)

NoHiddenDepths said...

Calliopia, it wasn't easy leaving Chandigarh, leaving the best friends that anyone could have. Darn, how I hated being "sneaky".

Pune was a good experience, but Chandigarh is still the BEST (in CAPS)

"Count your blessings..." "You're a free bird"

I'm not, anymore. This year HAS to be progressive (make or break thing), else I'm done for!

tinkertoon said...

best wishes buddy... and let's hope its you first "for whom the bells toll" :)

so how 'bout a post on your usual breakfast/lunch these days? (I liked the mini-idlis that you only find in Chennai...)

virgochhas said...

yay!!!...you did it...you did ittt...

Best O luck....

and try to control ur farts :P

*wink*

NoHiddenDepths said...

"best wishes buddy... and let's hope its you first "for whom the bells toll" :)"
Thanks, though I believe you'll be the first :)

Virgo, ka vawih ngai lo! :P

Mojo said...

Awww....I miss you too. You should come visit me sometime...Bombay's not that far.

She must be one special lady...I hope you enjoy Chennai. If nothing else, you have the sea. For me, however much Bombay sucks on some days, the ocean makes me happy again.

Anonymous said...

"Reported" to her...

Jimmy!!! :)))

By the way, even I miss working with u...Manisha Aunty callin' u JIMmmmmmmmmmmmmmy...funny days :)

Mizohican said...

Enjoy brother! I know how strong the call of the heart is :-) Give my regards to her.

ankurindia said...

interesting , keep enjoying

Unknown said...

duh berte bulah chuan engkim anuam vek thin an tia lawm..a nuam i tih ring ngawt mai ang...hahhaa

ThugAngel a.k.a Hipholik said...

a nuam bawk maw? hahahha

apatea said...

Insawn hi chu a tirah chuan nuam a tih tak2 theih lok. Keipoh Blr atangin Hyd ah sawn chho ngot mai. Mihring an changkang lo si, khua den bawk si ka ti ka ti mai.

U need to get urself adjsuted to love the place..
Btw, for all its worth, u have someone to go home to, dont you? lol

Congrats

J@n!ce said...

Hi, my first time here. You look like a friendly person from the photo. :)


Janice Ng