How the heck did you land here? :)

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

My Childhood friends

My childhood friends. It's almost 11 years since I left that neighborhood and I don't think I'll ever meet them again.
These are names with which their parents/relative lovingly called them. :o)

  1. Sonoo: A Xavier-ian, fat kid, and the bully of the neighbourhood. Sometimes it was his gang asking us to leave the badminton court, so they can play or sitting in the corner of the court and deliberately irritating us by making fun of our game or at times refusing to give back our Cricket ball if it fell into his garden. Its a different thing that by 10th grade we were good friends. We once had some of his dad's Scotch during our 10th grade board exams. That was my first taste of alcohol actually.
  2. Teetoo: A Xavier-ian, quite dark, and later moved on to IIT-D. The most intelligent amongst us. "The lights of your room were switched ON till 2 AM, what were you studying?"-See what I mean?
  3. Kannoo: Another Xavier-ian, skinny kid and not very bright. I remember opening a comics and novel rental store in our garage during our summer holidays. :o)
  4. Tikkoo: DIP'site (DPS). Intelligent and a great athlete. I still recall the days when we would run off to Chhatrasal stadium for our tennis games. God! I was obsessed with this game.
  5. Tilloo: A Bihari and a Modern'ite (Modern School). On Sundays he would be shouting at the top of his voice with Tikkoo, "Jimmy!! come fast and don't forget to bring the bat and wickets along!!"
  6. Cheekoo: Tilloo's younger brother. He was five years younger than all of us. It still puts a smile in my face when I think of him trying to imitate Azhar or say Merv Hughes.
  7. Ranju: My schoolmate and my idol at school. I think he was 4 yrs my senior and was the captain of our football team. My only source of Archies and DC comics.
  8. Vaibhav: St Columbus kid who helped me out during a science project. I think we called it "Plant water detector".
  9. Sonoo: The only daughter of a Punjabi family, and 2 years our senior. “Bee-ji says I can’t come out and play. I have to behave and act like a grown up” :o)
  10. Binu: The only person I'm in touch with. A friend from school and though he didn't live in our neighborhood, but he'd always come over during weekends for a game of football or say, cricket. Can't believe that we were friends from 3rd grade all the way to 12th.

0 comments: