How the heck did you land here? :)

Friday, October 12, 2007

hey JIMMY! what happened to you?

Nothing really....

"Hi Jimmy, this is XYZ calling from ABC. Where have you reached?"

"Hi XYZ, I'm good! I'm in Chennai. Thanks for calling up, I've got the tickets and I'll reach there tomorrow as scheduled."

'Ok'

10 minutes pass. An hour passes.

"Hi Jimmy, XYZ here. Today is the 26th! your ticket was booked for today."

"No, I thought TOMORROW was the 26th"

"Oh God, your ticket was booked for today. The cab driver also called and he said he didn't find you at the airport"

"But..but, like you said, I 'just' thought that my interview was scheduled for Thursday"

"Jimmy, the ticket was booked for today. Oh well, I'll tell my manager about it. Don't worry, we'll take care of it. Tell asdf (my going to be boss) that you couldn't come because you were sick, else I'll have to pay for the tickets" *she says that with a smile*:

"Thanks XYZ, its my fault that I didn't take care of the day and date. I just thought that I had to come there on a Thursday"

"No, that's my fault. I was telling you all the time that it was Thursday, when the 26th was actually a Wednesday" "....and I'll be able to convince my manager. I'll book your flight for tomorrow morning, same time?"

"Oh nevermind. But thanks a lot, I guess I haven't made a very good impression."

"No, I'll talk to my manager about it. All the best"

Well, my ticket was booked...and all I did was wait 4 hours to see the HR guy and well, I didn't get the job...

Highlight: G was in gurgaon and well, having told him about my plans/outcome, he came by to see me off. Luckily, my return flight was delayed for an hour and well, we caught up with things in Chandigarh :)

I thought I missed Delhi, but I don't think that I miss it that badly :)

2 comments:

Mizohican said...

Ah! Another "I miss you so much I feel like crying my ass out" post. awwwww chhooo chhweeeeet....

Anonymous said...

Yeah yeah, your friendship has influenced me so much...*sniff*
Eka, Hmelthatea'n thil a rawn zawh kha chhang mai2 teh :P