How the heck did you land here? :)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Strange Woman

R came down with a bunch of his friends this Tuesday. As wifey isn't here, so my house is kind of a 'hang-out' place for them - well, I don't mind. After finishing the beer that R brought, we went out for a drive to play pool, all the way to Salt Lake. As the manager put it "..the only club/bar in calcutta where you can smoke and drink."
Oh well.
Once there, our friend Scott (let's call him that) got engaged with a group of ladies from Xaviers, who more than welcomed him. Being a bachelor, we just let him be. From the look of his face, I knew he was irritated with the blaring bollywood music in the background and all I could see was him shouting at her ears.

A few minutes later, they parted, and he joined us.

Scott: "Strange woman...ajeeb ladki hai, bhaav dikha rahi hai"

Me: "What happened?"

Scott: "Well, I asked her where she was from and she said 'THE US'...some NRI crap, you know. Well Jimmy., just to have my own trip, I asked her 'what part of India is that?' and she kind of looked at me funnily and said South India"

Me: Okay

/I had a good laugh nonetheless