How the heck did you land here? :)

Monday, May 04, 2009

HOME

This happens - always! I come back from a vacation/holiday, enter my apartment, and I end up asking, "Is this home? Is this where I belong?" Whenever I go for my vacations - that could be going back to saddi dilli, or going to a place called 'home' in Aizawl. Since 1999, I've been moving around - Delhi, Pune, Chandigarh, Chennai, now Kolkata. Yeah, Microsoft - Beijing was another call. All I end up asking myself is "Where do I belong?"

What is HOME? Where is it? Am I a Delhiite? Is my home in a place called Mizoram? Thanks to someone, I happened to hear of a THING called Third Culture Kids. Am I one? I think so. I'm just a misfit everywhere, be it Delhi, Mizoram or Pune. Gosh, I shudder at the thought of having my kid being as confused as I am.

Off topic blabber - I go home on vacation to our good ol' house in Rohini or say Aizawl. My thoughts meander at one thing - the cobbler is still there, the barber has a new 'machine', the 'General store' owner who used to sell some cheap Deo(s) now sells 'parfums', and the errant and loud Dilli neighbour is still there. Nothing, NOTHING has changed but what have I noticed is, I have changed and it is ME who has changed. I look at the place differently . I look at all of it so differently. Gypsy for life?

4 comments:

virgochhas said...

confused mizo in kolkatta

Mojo said...

Enjoy it- don't sweat it; instead, be glad you can say you belong to so many places!

Mizohican said...

Haha. SBCM - Silchar born confused Mizo :-)

Me, I have just one home. And that is my heart. Aweeeeee.... :-P

Unknown said...

Like they said 'Home is where the Heart belongs'. I'd been to so many places and this tired 'Old Horse' had decided to make Aizawl his Home :D You must be one of those 'Displaced Mizos' I'd heard so much about :))